May 6, 2013

Blessings and the Exodus

My cup is full and overflowing tonight.  It's one of those evenings when I sit down after the kids are in bed  and am thankful and thrilled by the undeserved blessings God has showered on me.  It's been a lovely day...

Coffee and laughter with sweet friends.

Feeding the ducks with all my Whaley nieces and nephews.




Snuggling a certain nephew with the cutest rolls you've ever seen!



An afternoon siesta.
Playing with my girls on the living room floor.
Laughing and tickle fights.
Enjoying being home and being together.

After dinner Kimberly asked if we could continue reading in Exodus where we left off this morning.

"No, that's not right," Lindsay piped up. "We're reading in Letticus!"

Teasingly, I told the girls we were just getting to the good part (the genealogy of Aaron and Moses.)  After about four verses of names, Lindsay suggested that this was a little boring because there were no pictures, and that maybe we should just play trains.  

"What's wrong," I asked her, chuckling. "You don't like hearing names like Phinehas?  Maybe I should have named you that.  Phinehas Michelle Whaley.  Or maybe you would have liked Lindsay Phinehas Whaley better.  What do you think?"

Looking thoughtful, she replied.  "Well, actually, I think I do want you to call me that.  Yes, but just you.  That can be your special name for me.  Phinehas.  Yes, that's just right."

Oh dear.  

I'm thinking I should have gone for Carmi or Mahali instead.







No comments:

Post a Comment