Oct 26, 2013

Some Advice

Main Street Grill is not a great place to have quality conversation with your children about where they think they'll be in the next 10-20 years.  Why, you ask?  Well, for one, the competing football game.  For two, the noise level.  And lastly, who thinks about what they're going to be like when they are 31 years old anyway?

We did nail down a few pointers in the midst of chaos.

Lindsay on being 18 years old:

I'll be in high school!  How old will I be when I start high school? 14! Wow. Then I'll go to college maybe if I want to.

Kimberly on being 18 years old:

I'm going to go to college and be in a math class.  I want to be an engineer like my dad, do something with math because I am really good at that.

Lindsay on being 31 years old (my current age):

Well, I don't know what I'll be like.  Glance at the tv. Comment on the pink helmets and black pants.  Those look nice together!

Actually, I'll be like Aunt Melanie, that's what.  I'll always be correcting kids.  And I'll probably have a baby too.  Giggle, giggle.

Kimberly on being 31 years old:

I'll probably be doing Ebay or something like that. Or maybe I'll just be playing my violin or piano and not practicing.

Lindsay on "what is a goal"?

Huh? I don't know what a goal is.  You mean like make a goal?

Kimberly on "what is a goal"?

It's like saying to yourself at swim lessons, "I can make it to the other side of the pool", and you do!

And that's when we made it our goal to finish our lunch and enjoy the rest of the afternoon 
in Cambria.

4 comments:

  1. Haha this had me chuckling, especialy the part about aunt Melanie! Sorry Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it would make her proud, @jageperry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Melanie! Ha. That isn't how we all see you, so don't feel too bad. I love these kind of posts, so cute and neat to see personalities and what they are thinking.

    ReplyDelete